Legislative Action Conference March 8-10, 2020.
LAC Conference was a great experience, we was able to hear from U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue, Secretary Perdue discussed the great work all Child Nutrition Professionals have done to feed the Nations Children.
During our visits to the Hill we was able to visit with our Idaho Senators and House of Representatives. During our visits we discussed the following items and asked for their continued support.
- Eliminate the Reduced Price Category
- Expand Direct Certification to include Medicaid Students for free and reduced price meals in all states
- We asked for support with adequate time to eat Healthy School meals.
- Maintain the Flexibilities with the Milk, Whole grains and Sodium requirements.
- Increase in Commodities for Breakfast.